C.A.S. Kittens Seeking Homes up to 6 months old
Our Kitten Policy
Please consider the following important points when thinking of adopting a kitten or kittens:-
- Many people enquire about homing a single kitten. Are you at work all day? If so, a single kitten would get very lonely, it may be better to consider a pair of kittens to keep each other company during the long day.
- Can you keep a kitten or kittens indoors until they have been spayed/neutered? If you have children, what are the practicalities of them keeping doors and windows closed?
- Kittens become cats and can live to a ripe old age (up to 20 years at times) – it is a long commitment!
- Do you go away on holiday a lot – who will look after the cat or cats?
- Do you live on a busy road, or is the surrounding area very busy? If so, this is not an ideal place for a kitten to live – you may be better considering a ‘streetwise’ cat.
- Veterinary fees can be expensive. As a guide, annual vaccinations are approximately £30-£35 each (kittens need 2 vaccinations when they are 9 and 13 weeks old). Spaying and neutering costs £65-£85 per kitten. Check with your local vet for their tariff, as prices do vary. Feeding a cat will cost you a minimum of £7 per week. Your cat will also need regular flea and worm treatment.
- We generally do not home kittens to flats as we feel they should have the opportunity to safely explore outdoors and in a garden, feeling free to come and go through a cat flap. However, we can make exceptions to this if there are kittens that need an indoor home because it is in their best interest, and this will be noted in their descriptions. We always make any physical and behavioural assessments we need using fully qualified professionals to decide on the best home for our kittens based on their individual needs, and for some, indoor homes may only be needed short term. If you can offer an indoor home for a kitten, please call us to discuss the animals we have available..
These guidelines are for the best interests of the cats and also the new owners– remember that happy cats make happy cat owners!
Please note that a minimum donation of £75 for un-vaccinated kittens (usually under 10 weeks) and £30 extra for fully vaccinated kittens is required (£15 per vaccination). This enables the charity to carry on helping the many cats that are referred to us for re-homing.
Please do not send emails in regard to adoption. Thank you.
This page contains kittens looking for homes that are up to 6 months old. For kittens above this age please refer to Cats Seeking Homes page.
*** We currently have older kittens and young cats waiting for new homes now - see our cat page ***