C.A.S. Kittens Seeking Homes up to 6 months old
Our Kitten Policy
Please consider the following important points when thinking of adopting a kitten or kittens:-
- Many people enquire about homing a single kitten. Are you at work all day? If so, a single kitten would get very lonely, it may be better to consider a pair of kittens to keep each other company during the long day.
- Can you keep a kitten or kittens indoors until they have been spayed/neutered? If you have children, what are the practicalities of them keeping doors and windows closed?
- Kittens become cats and can live to a ripe old age (up to 20 years at times) – it is a long commitment!
- Do you go away on holiday a lot – who will look after the cat or cats?
- Do you live on a busy road, or is the surrounding area very busy? If so, this is not an ideal place for a kitten to live – you may be better considering a ‘streetwise’ cat.
- Veterinary fees can be expensive. As a guide, annual vaccinations are approximately £30-£35 each (kittens need 2 vaccinations when they are 9 and 13 weeks old). Spaying and neutering costs £65-£85 per kitten. Check with your local vet for their tariff, as prices do vary. Feeding a cat will cost you a minimum of £7 per week. Your cat will also need regular flea and worm treatment.
- We generally do not home kittens to flats as we feel they should have the opportunity to safely explore outdoors and in a garden, feeling free to come and go through a cat flap. However, we can make exceptions to this if there are kittens that need an indoor home because it is in their best interest, and this will be noted in their descriptions. We always make any physical and behavioural assessments we need using fully qualified professionals to decide on the best home for our kittens based on their individual needs, and for some, indoor homes may only be needed short term. If you can offer an indoor home for a kitten, please call us to discuss the animals we have available..
These guidelines are for the best interests of the cats and also the new owners– remember that happy cats make happy cat owners!
Please note that a minimum donation of £75 for un-vaccinated kittens (usually under 10 weeks) and £30 extra for fully vaccinated kittens is required (£15 per vaccination). This enables the charity to carry on helping the many cats that are referred to us for re-homing.
Please do not send emails in regard to adoption. Thank you.
This page contains kittens looking for homes that are up to 6 months old. For kittens above this age please refer to Cats Seeking Homes page.
*** ALSO CHECK OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR NEW ARRIVALS AND UPDATES AND LIKE US! ***
Rosie and Ginger
Rosie (female tortie) and Ginger (male ginger) are 5 month old sibling looking for a home together. They are friendly once they get to know you but can be a little shy at first. They will be better suited to an adult owner home, and would like a home with a garden.
Please call Jackie on 07511 897012.
Rudolph & Dasher
Rudolph (black) and Dasher (black and white) are two 6/7 month old brothers that were found living in a garden along with their mum and her new litter of 3 week old kittens. Mum and kittens have now been reserved leaving these two looking for a new home together. As they have lived outdoors they are a little nervous, but are making progress. They need a loving, understanding home where they can grow in confidence and learn to be happy cats. They would need a home with a very secure garden, or we would consider an indoor home if the circumstances are suitable.
Please call Barbara between 12 and 7 p.m. on 07387 100718
Cutie & Esmerelda
(tabby & white) and Esmerelda
(black & white) were living outside a house in rubbish and bins with their Mum and sister as kittens fending for themselves and so were not used to people at all when they came to us. They are slowly learning how to interact with people and are coming on well and both now like a daily fuss and dreamies. Their sister has found a home, and their Mum has become a permanent resident as she has a long term leg injury, leaving them in foster care still. We would like to find a new home for them together and they will need experinenced owners who are willing to be very patient with them as they will take time to settle. They could be indoor cats, and are used to other cats and also dogs and rabbits!
Please call Sally on 020 8642 7108.
Dainty Paris is a sweet 7 month old kitten that was found on a busy road and was ravenously hungry when she came into us. She is an affectionate girl that enjoys being picked up and cuddled, and being young is very energetic and inquisitive. She is looking for a new home on a safe road with a garden, and at the moment is not keen on other cats so would probably prefer to be the only feline resident.
Please call Barbara between 12 and 7 p.m. on 07387 100718
The Recycling Bin Kittens
These four little black and white kittens are around 8 weeks old and were found in a recycling bin in Crystal Palace on an early Sunday morning. They were very distressed and covered in fleas, but since coming into us have had all the treatment they needs as well as a warm chalet and plenty of food. Two of these babies have already been reserved, leaving two boys still waiting for a home and we would like these to go together. They will need a home with a safe and secure garden away from busy roads.
Please call Barbara between 12pm and 7 pm on 07387 100718
*** We have more litters of newborn kittens available for adoption and details will be uploaded once they have settled in with us ***
In the meantime if you would like more information about them please call Barbara on 07387 100718.
*** We currently have older kittens and young cats waiting for new homes now - see our cat page ***